UPDATED RESPONSE TO CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19.
As the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation developed around the globe, here at Hewitsons we notified clients and contacts on 12 March of the immediate measures we had taken to ensure business continuity and the well-being of our clients and members of the firm. This note is by way of an update.
- All of our legal Teams along with the majority of our support personnel are operating remotely from our offices leaving only a rotating skeleton staff group in each location. We have established a core management group – ‘The Business As Usual Team’ – which has been co-ordinating and implementing measures in response to the pandemic and, as far as possible, it has indeed been business as usual for us in undertaking our full range of legal specialisms.
- All 250+ members of our firm can access our IT network remotely and the legal Teams are in communication with clients and contacts via a variety of forms of telecom and video applications. We have been running meetings and training presentations (internal and external), other than in a physical face to face environment.
- For now, all of our offices remain open to facilitate clients where it is essential for us to utilise our locations although we have planned for the possibility that shortly Government restrictions will mean our offices will no longer be accessible at all.
- As well as maintaining our ability to provide high quality legal advice services for our UK clients we are also working for clients coming to us via our international network of independent law firms, LawExchange International. In fact, the 34 member firms of LawExchange (including in China and Italy) have for some weeks now been in regular communication in regard to how each has responded to the Coronavirus/COVID-19 situation as it applies Worldwide.
- Tracking the latest from the UK Government we are regularly updating our Coronavirus/COVID-19 response measures. We are ensuring that all members of the firm are aware and fully appreciate what is required of them.
- Our website includes a dedicated section with a range of advice notes on how to tackle the current crisis (https://www.hewitsons.com/covid-19)
- In these unique times we have been proud to see how all members of Hewitsons have come together. We have also appreciated the understanding and support that we have received from our many clients and contacts and we will continue to work with you through the current exceptional situation.
For more information, make contact with your regular Hewitsons contact. Our main office phone numbers as well as direct dial numbers for members of Hewitsons have been diverted to mobile phones and/or will be co-ordinated by a member of our Reception Team working remotely for forwarding on. Clients and contacts are encouraged to use email addresses or mobile phone numbers for individuals in the first instance. See our full list of contact details on our website at https://www.hewitsons.com/people