24th March 2015
Stop Press - Basic Payment Scheme Update
The RPA announced on 19th March 2015 that due to a number of technical problems with the new online system for making Basic Payment Scheme applications, they will (in some cases) be reverting to the old paper-based system for this year’s claims.
The RPA will be contacting those who have already registered on the online system to provide further information as to how they should complete and submit this year’s claim.
The important points to note are as follows:
1. All applicants will still need to register on the online Rural Payments service to be able to make their BPS claim for 2015.
2. The RPA intends to fast-track applications where little change is being made to the land in this year’s claim and will email all such applicants in April with instructions as to how to complete their BPS claim.
3. It appears that pre-populated forms on the basis of the previous year’s claim will be emailed to all applicants registered on the online system in April. However, where “new features” need to be added to this year’s claim, the paper forms can be used to prepare the claim in the meantime. This can be submitted by post or through an RPA drop-in centre.
4. The RLE1form for transfers of entitlements and BP5 form for making claims will be available to download from the RPA’s website from 23rd March 2015.
5. The deadline by which a claim must be made for 2015 has been extended to 15th June 2015.
Full details of the announcement can be found here:
For further information, please contact Gareth Williams on 01604 463344 or click here to email Gareth.
For more information on our Agricultural, Food & Rural Business services click here.