Hewitsons is now part of HCR
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical or performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the content displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Title||Cookie Name||Purpose|
- enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- allow us to collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are more popular with visitors; and
- allow us to recognise you when you return to our Site.
|Session Cookie||hewitsons_session||This cookie enables us to recognise you when you return to our Site.|
|Cross site request forgery token||XSRF-TOKEN||This cookie is a unique security token given to each visitor to verify their request when they submit an enquiry or message through the website forms.|
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.