Bernadette is a Partner in the Private Wealth team, based in the firm’s Cambridge office.
Bernadette has considerable experience of advising clients on a range of Private Wealth matters, particularly those with a foreign element. She advises UK and international clients on Wills, Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Tax and Succession Planning and often deals with foreign aspects such as domicile, residency, UK property ownership by non-domiciliaries and offshore Trusts. As well as advising individuals on the use and establishment of Trusts, she advises Trustees on their powers and duties. She also deals with the administration of Estates.
Bernadette read History at the University of Warwick. She trained at City firm, Lawrence Graham and joined Speechly Bircham on qualification in 1993. She moved to Mishcon de Reya as a Senior Assistant in 1995 before joining Anderson Legal in 1997 as a Senior Manager. She was a Senior Associate at S J Berwin from 2004 until she joined Hewitsons as a Partner in 2011.
Bernadette is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
She is named as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500 2020 Guide
The Inheritance and Succession team has been commended by The Times Best Law Firms 2020.
Number of Years Experience
Date of Qualification
Latest testimonials"Friendly, informative and professional"
'Bernadette O'Reilly knows her subject and explains things so they are easy to understand.'
Client quote to Legal 500
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax Relief for Agricultural and Business Assets
- Private Wealth - Executorship
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Court of Protection
- Private Wealth - Deeds of Variation
- Private Wealth Services
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax & Tax Planning - A Guide
- Private Wealth - Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Private Wealth - Living Wills
- Private Wealth - When Someone Dies
- Private Wealth - The Importance of a Will
- Private Wealth - The Consequences of not having a Will