Carolyn is a Partner in the Private Wealth team. She is based in the firm’s Milton Keynes office but regularly visits her colleagues and clients in the Northampton office.
Carolyn advises individuals (including business owners) and Trustees. She has extensive experience of: Succession Planning, particularly using Trusts and Wills; Trust Creation and Management; the administration of Estates (including complex estates with business, agricultural and heritage property, foreign assets, non-domicile claims and equitable/constructive trust claims); Deeds of Variation; Powers of Attorney; Pension trusts (including interpreting trust issues and advising on the death of pension scheme members) and Court of Protection matters (including applications for Statutory Wills and for gifts/variations to be made on behalf of incapacitated clients).
Carolyn is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and also a member of the Private Client Section of the Law Society.
She is a Past President of both the Northamptonshire Law Society and Northamptonshire Junior Chamber.
Carolyn obtained, in 2010, her PGCM qualification (Post Graduate Certificate of Management).
She is named as a Notable Practitioner within the Chambers & Partners 2019 High Net Worth Guide for Milton Keynes and Surrounds, as well as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 2020 guide.
Carolyn has a Distinction in STEP's Advanced Certificate of Cross Border Estates.
The Inheritance and Succession team has been commended by The Times Best Law Firms 2020.
Latest testimonials"I have always felt that Carolyn Bagley has my best interests at heart and I thank her for that, also for her kind professionalism."
"Carolyn is now a trusted advisor who I recommend to family and friends."
“All staff were very friendly and helpful. We are elderly private clients who were relaxed by a professional who understood out complex needs and wishes and produced excellent Wills in a manner which made the business almost a pleasure.”
Mr & Mrs C - Will
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax Relief for Agricultural and Business Assets
- Private Wealth - Executorship
- Private Wealth - Attorney Responsibilities - Property and Financial Affairs
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Court of Protection
- Private Wealth - Deeds of Variation
- Private Wealth Services
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax & Tax Planning - A Guide
- Private Wealth - Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Private Wealth - Living Wills
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Statutory Wills
- Private Wealth - When Someone Dies
- Private Wealth - The Importance of a Will
- Private Wealth - The Consequences of not having a Will
- Private Wealth - Trusts