Catherine is a Partner in the Private Wealth team, based in the firm’s Northampton office.
Catherine specialises in Wills, Trusts, Succession Planning, the administration of Estates and Powers of Attorney. She has considerable experience of advising clients, including farmers and private company shareholders, on their Wills and Inheritance Tax position and how best to structure their affairs to benefit future generations and mitigate any Inheritance Tax liability. She deals with Estates involving complex claims for inheritance tax reliefs, including business property relief and agricultural property relief and has developed an in-depth understanding of HMRC’s approach to the issues involved. She advises individuals on the establishment and use of Trusts and Trustees on their powers and duties.
Catherine graduated with a degree in Law and qualified as a Solicitor in 1999. She joined Hewitsons in 2001 and became a Partner in 2008.
Catherine is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners). She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT).
Catherine is named as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 2017 Guide.
"I would certainly recommend Hewitsons to anyone as the service we recieved was so quickly dealt with and would like to thank all the staff at Hewitsons especially Catherine Ball who was so helpful and friendly throughout"
"Attention to our queries was dealt with in the time frame promised - service that comes as a pleasant suprise in the 21st century!"
Mr & Mrs C
"As a widow whose late husband dealt with all financial and legal matters. I have found the advice and continuing support of Hewitsons very reassuring."
Mrs W as Trustee of Mr W
- Agriculture - Inheritance Tax Relief & Agricultural Assets
- Private Wealth - Executorship
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Court of Protection
- Private Wealth - Deeds of Variation
- Private Wealth
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax & Tax Planning - A Guide
- Private Wealth - Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Private Wealth - Living Wills
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Statutory Wills
- Private Wealth - Trust Administration
- Private Wealth - Trustees' Duties
- Private Wealth - When Someone Dies
- Private Wealth - Why make a Will?
- Private Wealth - The Consequences of not having a Will