Daniel is a Partner and Head of the Private Wealth team. He is based in the firm’s Cambridge office.
Daniel advises clients on Wills, Inheritance Tax and Succession Planning, regularly addressing international issues and questions of domicile. He advises individuals and Trustees on the establishment and use of Trusts for asset protection, succession and tax planning. He has extensive experience of dealing with the administration of complex Estates including those with business property, agricultural property, Lloyds assets and foreign assets. He also advises on Powers of Attorney and deals with matters involving the Court of Protection, including applications for the appointment of a Deputy, applications for Statutory Wills and applications for gifts to be made on behalf of incapacitated individuals.
Daniel graduated with a degree in Business Law. He trained and worked as a Solicitor in Nottingham, before joining Hewitsons in 1999. He became a Partner in 2003.
Daniel is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) and is a Committee member of the Cambridge Branch of STEP. He is also a member of the Law Society Probate Section.
He is a Notary Public and a member of The Notaries Society.
Daniel is named as a Leading Individual in both the Legal 500 2017 Guide and both the Chambers & Partners 2017 Guide and Chambers & Partner's High Net Worth guide 2017.
Number of Years Experience
Date of Qualification
LLB Business Law - 2nd class - University of Huddersfield
"He acts proactively and is very bright. When speed is of the essence, he gets to the nub of the matter and does his absolute best to resolve it very quickly".
Client testimonial as featured in Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2016
"Daniel Curtis is an excellent private client lawyer. He takes time to understand the main issues and comes up with pragmatic, well thought through solutions for any client's situation. He clearly knows his field. He is a good communicator and is highly skilled."
Legal 500 Legal Directory 2017
"I am very satisfied with the services I have received and continue to receive. My Solicitor (Daniel Curtis) is always kind, courteous, friendly and helpful, and I have recommended him to others"
Mrs N - Lasting Power of Attorney 2017
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax Relief for Agricultural and Business Assets
- Private Wealth - Executorship
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Court of Protection
- Private Wealth - Deeds of Variation
- Private Wealth
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax & Tax Planning - A Guide
- Private Wealth - Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Private Wealth - Living Wills
- Visiting a Notary Public - Notes for Clients
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Statutory Wills
- Private Wealth - Trust Administration
- Private Wealth - Trustees' Duties
- Private Wealth - When Someone Dies
- Private Wealth - Why make a Will?
- Private Wealth - The Consequences of not having a Will