Edward is a Partner in the London Employment & Disputes team.
Edward specialises in Employment Law (acting for many of the largest bus companies, amongst others) and Sports Law (acting for a number of National Governing Bodies for Olympic and Paralympic sports). In the employment field, he has acted in numerous Court of Appeal and Employment Appeal Tribunal cases including, recently, some of the latest cases on the application of TUPE. In the sports field, he is particularly strong on selection procedures and, in connection with the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, acted for the NGB in a high profile athlete selection appeal at Sports Resolutions. He sits on the selection panel of an Olympic sport as a procedural adviser. Edward also advises on unusual and complex insolvency cases, especially those involving employment issues or fraud.
After serving six years as a Metropolitan Policeman, Edward qualified as a barrister in 1989. He qualified as a solicitor in 1996 at a small City firm, where he became the Partner in charge of litigation. He moved to Moorhead James, as a Partner, in 2001 and, in July 2015, became a Partner of Hewitson Moorhead, now Hewitsons LLP.
- A Brief Guide to Disclosure
- A Brief Guide to Part 36
- Disputes & Litigation - Litigation Costs & Funding options
- Employment - Accountability and the Modern Slavery Act
- Employment - Pensions Auto-Enrolment: Employment Law FAQs
- Employment - Compensation and other Financial Limits
- Employment Law Services to Businesses: Fixed Fee Retainers
- Employment - Redundancy
- Employment - Workplace Pensions from 2012
- Employment - Spotlight on Business Immigration within the UK
- Disputes & Litigation
- A Brief Guide to Mediation