Elizabeth is a Partner in the Private Wealth team, based in the firm’s Cambridge office.
Elizabeth advises clients on a range of matters including Wills and Succession Planning, Powers of Attorney, the administration of Estates, the establishment and use of Trusts, Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax. Having begun her legal career in the Corporate team of Hewitsons, Elizabeth has particular experience of advising owners of family businesses and farmers on succession planning and how best to structure their affairs efficiently from a tax perspective.
Elizabeth read Law at Nottingham University. She qualified as a Solicitor in 1996, having undertaken her training with Hewitsons and became a Partner in 2001.
Elizabeth is a member of STEP (the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners).
She is named as a Leading Lawyer in the Legal 500 2020 Guide.
The Inheritance and Succession team has been commended by The Times Best Law Firms 2020.
Number of Years Experience
Date of Qualification
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax Relief for Agricultural and Business Assets
- Private Wealth - Executorship
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Court of Protection
- Private Wealth - Deeds of Variation
- Private Wealth Services
- Private Wealth - Inheritance Tax & Tax Planning - A Guide
- Private Wealth - Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Private Wealth - Living Wills
- Private Wealth - A Guide to Statutory Wills
- Private Wealth - When Someone Dies
- Private Wealth - The Importance of a Will
- Private Wealth - The Consequences of not having a Will