Gemma is a Senior Associate in the Planning and Environment Team who has specialised in planning and compulsory purchase since qualification in 2003.
Gemma specialises in both contentious and non-contentious planning law, including planning applications and appeals, certificates of lawfulness, highways and planning agreements and enforcement matters. She also has experience of bringing and defending High Court challenges, including Judicial Review, and regularly undertakes advocacy at public inquiries. Gemma also advises in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land and liquor and gaming licence applications.
Gemma read law at the London School of Economics and Cambridge University before completing her legal practice course at the College of Law in London. She trained as a solicitor at Nabarro in London, qualifying into their planning team in September 2003. Gemma joined Hewitsons' Planning and Environment Team in February 2006.
Rated as an Associate to Watch in Chambers & Partners Legal Guide 2018 and a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 2017 guide.
- Agriculture - Climate Change in the Planning Environment
- Agriculture - Environment
- Agriculture - High Speed Rail
- Agriculture - Holiday Lets
- Agriculture - Localism Bill
- Agriculture - National Planning Policy Framework
- Residential Property - Guide to Planning Considerations for Residential Properties
- Planning - Further Planning Reforms Proposed in Housing White Paper