James is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Finance Team in Cambridge.
London trained, James has a wealth of experience across all corporate finance disciplines. James leads the team's public markets practice, and in particular listings on the Alternative Investment Market, and has expertise in venture and development capital, representing both investors and investee companies, and debt finance and restructuring. He is also a specialist in employee share plans acting for both public and private companies.
James graduated in law from Leicester University and with a Diploma in French Legal Studies from the University of Strasbourg. He worked for 10 years in the corporate finance department of City firm Theodore Goddard before joining Hewitsons in 1997.
A ranked lawyer in Chambers & Partners UK Guide to the Legal Profession 2019. A Leading Lawyer in Legal 500 Client’s Guide to the Legal Profession 2020.
Number of Years Experience
Date of Qualification
Latest testimonials“James Lawrence has a first rate legal mind, and his advice is always succinct and completely on the point.”
Client Testimonial c/o Legal 500
- Banking & Finance Information Sheet
- Corporate - Commercial Agreements
- Corporate - Corporate Finance
- Corporate - Our Corporate & Commercial Service
- Corporate - Restructuring & Group Reorganisations
- Corporate - Directors' Duties in a Deteriorating Trading Position
- Corporate - Services for the Footwear Industry