Simon is a Partner in the Dispute Resolution team, based in Cambridge. He is also the firm’s COLP (Compliance Officer for Legal Practice).
Simon's experience lies in the resolution of: contract, product liability and software development disputes; warranty claims arising on the sale and purchase of businesses; disputes between shareholders, partners in unincorporated partnerships and members in limited liability partnerships; insurance coverage issues; claims against professionals for errors and omissions; and judicial review claims. Simon also has extensive experience in the regulation of the legal profession.
Simon read law at Sheffield University. On qualifying in 1983, he went to practice in London, joining Hewitsons in 1988 and becoming partner in 1990. He is a member of R3 (the Association of Business Recovery Professionals) and also the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
Member of R3 (the association of business recovery professionals) Member of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Rated as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500 guide 2017, and is ranked in the Chambers & Partners guide 2018.
- A Brief Guide to Disclosure
- A Brief Guide to Part 36
- Agriculture - Farming Partnership Agreements
- Disputes & Litigation - Litigation Costs & Funding options
- Disputes & Litigation - Debt Recovery & Litigation
- Disputes & Litigation
- Disputes & Litigation - Effective Enforcement: how to turn your judgement into cash
- Hewitsons' Complaints Procedure