Charity Disputes & Tribunals
Trustees have a duty to protect and maximise their assets but also make most effective use of them. So, when it comes to charity law, we always advise charities on their rights but also the most effective solutions to their challenges and disputes. Where alternative dispute resolution is not possible or appropriate we advise charities on taking action in the courts or tribunals.
We advise clients at all levels of the courts and tribunals service and these services are detailed on our dispute resolution pages. However we also advise charities as to the following charity specific processes and proceedings:
- Obtaining formal advice and orders from the Charity Commission
- Engaging the Charity Commission in protecting and administering charities
- Charity Commission statutory inquiries
- Charity proceedings (requiring Charity Commission consent) in the courts
- General applications and proceedings for charities in the courts
- Charity Tribunal proceedings, in the First Tier or Upper Tier Tribunal
"On behalf of the trustees who attended your excellent training session yesterday, a very sincere thank you. It was excellent and I know it gave those present a lot to think about!"
A Cambridge Charitable Foundation
"Thank you so much. Your advice has been invaluable."
Ms R, Governance advice
"Thank you so much for a thought-provoking and vital presentation. I am very grateful to you. It will help immensely. All best."