We act for landowners and developers, including speculative developers and end-users. Our advice ranges from planning applications and appeals to enforcement matters and High Court actions.
The planning team:
- advise on the planning application and appeal process including Planning Performance Agreements and the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- negotiate and draft section 106 and other development agreements
- advise in relation to enforcement and the lawfulness of development
- act in connection with appeals including written representations and hearings and appear as advocates at public inquiries
- have experience in dealing with the diversion and stopping up of highways and rights of way in connection with development
- deal with claims for town and village greens and for public rights of way
- are experienced in advising in connection with legal challenges, including judicial review in connection with planning decisions, in the High Court and beyond advising both claimants and affected developers and landowners on procedure and merits.
- are experienced in objecting to planning applications on behalf of affected neighbours, both commercial and residential
- appear as advocates in the magistrates courts in relation to planning related prosecutions
"On behalf of the trustees who attended your excellent training session yesterday, a very sincere thank you. It was excellent and I know it gave those present a lot to think about!"
(A Cambridge Charitable Foundation)
"Thank you so much. Your advice has been invaluable."
(Ms R, Governance advice)