As education lawyers, we recognise that if you are active in the education sector you face many challenges. These may result from your activities and status as a school, college or university, charity, employer, service provider, property owner or occupier, or commercial contractor.
When it comes to educational law, we advise schools, colleges, universities, educational charities and academic and learned institutions. We understand the particular challenges of this specialist sector and our team of education lawyers has a detailed knowledge of its complexities.
Hewitsons' group of education solicitors has specialists in all the areas involved in the day to day challenges of the education sector. This includes:
- Charity law and governance
- Commercial arrangements
- Data protection and freedom of information
- Development and construction
- Dispute resolution
- Environmental law
- Equality issues
- Fees and debt recovery
- Governing body support
- Health checks on any area, annual or otherwise
- Independent school mergers and acquisitions
- Pupil issues, including safeguarding
- Risk management and strategic planning
- Single and multi-academy conversions
We have a capped fee retainer service which provides invaluable support for busy bursars and business managers and are always on hand to provide legal and regulatory advice on every aspect of life in a school, college, university of educational charity.
Proud sponsors of the Cambridge News Education Awards 2016.