As education lawyers, we recognise that if you operate in the education sector you face many challenges. These may arise from your activities or your status as a school, college or university, charity, employer, service provider, property owner or occupier, or commercial contractor.
When it comes to education law, we can advise you on the challenges of this specialist sector and our team of education lawyers has extensive knowledge and experience of dealing with its complexities.
Hewitsons' team of education lawyers has specialists dealing with all aspects of the education sector, including:
- Academies and multi-academy conversions
- Admissions and exclusions
- Charity law compliance
- Commercial contracts and procurement
- Constitutional advice
- Data protection, GDPR and freedom of information
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Employment and HR
- Health and safety
- Governance and governing body support
- Independent school mergers and acquisitions
- Intellectual property and online issues
- Mergers, collaborations and acquisitions
- Parent and pupil issues
- Pensions and the TPS
- Planning and environmental
- Property development and construction
- Risk management and strategic planning
- School policies and procedures
- Unpaid school fees and debt recovery
We can offer a retainer service at an agreed fee which provides invaluable support for busy bursars and HR managers. We are also able to carry out health checks and reviews of any area of your organisation, annually or otherwise.