We deal with conversions, restructures and governance and day to day operational needs for academies and MATs.
As well as our legal expertise, members of the team have served as governors in the maintained and independent sectors. This involvement gives us first-hand insight of the issues facing schools.
We have around 400 charity, education and non-profit clients, including academies and other schools. We also understand the vision and mission of such schools and charities and incorporate this in advising and dealing with school legal matters.
For academy conversions we advise on:
- The Articles of Association
- Governance issues including Local Governing Bodies
- The Commercial Transfer Agreement
- The lease
- Sub-leases and third party occupation
- Service agreements and shared use arrangements
- The Funding Agreement
- Historical funding arrangements eg for sports facilities
As well as single and multi-academy trusts, we advise sponsors, governing bodies and others dealing with academies. We also have expertise in PFI scheme schools.
We provide all the ongoing support a school needs, including staff issues and pensions, commercial contracts, safeguarding and pastoral issues, admissions and exclusions, and governance.