Our Professional Practices team specialise in advising businesses which trade in partnership on all aspects of partnership law and practice. This includes conventional partnerships which are governed by the Partnership Act 1890, limited liability partnerships under the Limited Liability Partnership Act 2000 and also those businesses which operate as a limited partnership under the Limited Partnership Act 1907.
The lawyers in the Professional Practices team provide advice and expertise on a wide range of partnership issues which include the following:-
- New Partnership Agreements or amendments to existing Partnership Agreements.
- Partner retirements or exits.
- Conversion of conventional partnerships or other businesses to a limited liability partnership.
- Incorporation of businesses as a limited liability partnership.
- Partnership disputes.
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants.
- Mergers, acquisitions and disposals of partnership businesses.
- Financial investment in partnerships.
- Dissolution of partnership and distribution of partnership assets.
- Regulatory issues affecting different types of partnership.
- Arrangements regarding the treatment of partnership assets and capital on the appointment, retirement or death of a partner.
- Different types of partner and profit sharing arrangements.
- Management of the partnership business.