Public Sector Pensions
We have significant experience in public sector pensions, particularly involving the local government, healthcare and education sectors. Members of the team have acted for a number of local government pension scheme administering authorities, NHS trusts, independent schools, academies, higher educational establishments and private sector contractors.
Our work includes:
- advising on admissions to and exits from public sector schemes
- drafting and negotiating admission agreements and bond agreements
- drafting and negotiating the use of pensions risk sharing mechanisms in outsourcing contracts
- advising on the eligibility requirements for public sector pension schemes
- advising on compliance with local government pension scheme investment regulations and negotiating investment management agreements