Our Sports Group has a long-established record of advising sports-related organisations including sports administrators, national governing bodies, sports clubs, charities and trusts. We work with sports organisations across numerous disciplines including tennis, shooting, ice skating, taekwondo, karate, fencing, golf and ice hockey and represent a number of disability and Paralympic organisations.
Drawing on specialists from across the firm’s service areas, we are able to advise sports clients on issues across corporate, finance, real estate, construction, dispute resolution, private wealth, sports regulatory, data protection, general commercial, sponsorship and intellectual property.
In particular, we are able to assist clients with the following:
- Anti-doping and integrity
- Commercial, sponsorship, franchising and licensing agreements
- Contracts, grants and funding agreements
- Data protection, GDPR and privacy
- Dispute resolution and mediation
- Employment related matters
- Equality and diversity
- Governance and constitutional matters
- Intellectual property rights and enforcement
- Property related matters
- Regulation and disciplinary matters
- Safeguarding and child protection
- Selection and qualification procedures and appeals
- Sports charities and charitable foundations
- Stadiums and sports facilities (including funding, development and construction advice)
We work closely with our clients to provide practical advice and value for money. Since 2012, we have been a panel firm on the Legal Panel Framework (LPF), an initiative established by Sport England, UK Sport, the Sport and Recreation Alliance, Sport Wales and Sport Northern Ireland. The LPF aims to make it easier for national governing bodies and wider sport and recreation organisations, to identify and access high quality legal advice at preferential rates. Within the framework we also provide pro bono legal services for sports organisations.
Our Sports Group publishes a quarterly newsletter containing legal updates and information on events for those working in the sport and recreation sector. If you would like to be included in this mailing list please complete the form here
. Alternatively, you can view all past newsletters in our legal update section.