Our sports team has a long-established record of advising sports-related organisations including sports administrators, national governing bodies, sports clubs, charities and trusts. We work with sports organisations across numerous disciplines including tennis, shooting, ice skating, taekwondo, fencing, golf and ice hockey and represent a number of disability and Paralympic organisations.
We are specialists in:
- Contracts, grants and funding agreements
- Governance and constitutional matters
- Commercial, sponsorship, franchising and licensing agreements
- Regulation and disciplinary matters
- Anti-doping advice and hearings
- Selection and qualification procedures and appeals
- Employment related matters
- Equality and diversity
- Data protection and privacy
- Contract and funding disputes
- Property related matters and stadiums (including funding and development advice)
- Intellectual property rights
We were one of only ten firms appointed to the Legal Panel Framework (LPF) in 2012, an initiative established by Sport England, Sport Wales, UK Sport and the Sport and Recreation Alliance. The LPF aims to make it easier for national governing bodies and wider sport and recreation organisations, to identify and gain access to high quality legal advice at preferential rates. Within the framework we also provide pro bono legal services for sports organisations and deliver training and knowhow to the sports sector on a voluntary basis.