Effective strategic planning is essential for all business owners and company directors and this may involve companies reviewing and changing their corporate structure in order to manage risk, optimise value or plan for a future exit from the business.
Corporate restructurings can take many forms and our lawyers have developed considerable expertise in all the relevant areas and are well acquainted with the diverse range of corporate structures, procedures and documentation that restructurings can involve.
Whether assisting a publicly quoted client on the restructuring of its property portfolio or advising a family owned company on the division and allocation of its assets for succession planning, Hewitsons' are able to deliver on all legal aspects of corporate restructuring in a prompt and cost effective manner.
Our extensive range of experience includes the following:
- Demergers – including statutory demergers and section 110 Insolvency Act 1986 schemes
- Share buy-backs out of profits and capital
- Reductions of share capital
- Intra-group share and asset transfers
- Equity release schemes
- Share re-classification schemes
- Joint ventures
- Shareholders' agreements
- Internal markets for shares