Agriculture & Rural Property
Hewitsons is a full service law firm with a substantial rural property practice. We pride ourselves on our commitment to providing outstanding service to families and businesses over many generations. We understand that for the modern rural property owner, whilst property is at the core of the business there is so much more.
We can provide our clients with the full range of business services adapted to meet their needs.
Specific specialist expertise can provide includes:
- Grant, termination and dealings with all types of tenancies – agricultural, residential and business leases
- Sales for non-agricultural use particularly the grant of options, promotion or hybrid agreements and sales to developers
- The sale and purchase of cottages, farms and farmland
- Renewable energy and other diversification projects
- Construction contracts
- Basic payments, Countryside stewardship and quotas
- Town and Country Planning matters
- Environmental issues
- Wills, Trusts, succession and capital tax planning
- The set up and management of Charities
- Business structures including companies and partnerships
- Employment and Health and Safety
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Intellectual Property and brand protection
Agriculture and rural property runs deeply through Hewitsons meaning that all our lawyers understand the challenges that modern landowners will face. However each client is different and so you will have a dedicated partner who will take the time to get to know you and ensure you receive the right advice; clearly, promptly and adapted to your needs.