- Advice & Support for Businesses
- Agricultural Disputes
- Agricultural Tenancies
- Agricultural Wills & Succession Planning
- Buying & Selling Farms & Estates
- Commercial Development
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Conservation & Landed Charities
- Farming & Rural Business
- Heritage Property
- Land & Estate Management
- Landed Estates
- Personal Tax & Compliance
- Property Tax
- Residential Development
- Rights of Way
- Rural Renewables
- Strategic Land
- UK Agriculture
Hewitsons is able to offer clients high-quality specialist advice on all aspects of environmental law. The depth of service is enhanced by our ability to draw on wider expertise from across the firm to make sure that we achieve the best possible outcomes. The team prides itself on gaining a practical understanding of your business, so that realistic and practical solutions can be achieved.
Our team of environment lawyers is experienced in a wide array of relevant sectors, from waste management, haulage and manufacturing to agriculture and renewables.
The environment team:
- Advise in relation to compliance and the interpretation of consents and permits
- Assist with preparation for and attendance at PACE Act interviews and the preparation of written statements in connection with potential prosecutions
- Act as advocates in the Magistrates Courts
- Act as advocates at public inquiries in relation to environmental permits
- Represent operators in connection with enforcement action by the Environment Agency
- Are experienced in advising in connection with judicial review of decisions of the Environment Agency and Local Authorities in relation to environmental decisions, advising on procedure and merits.
- Have a practical understanding of the nature of their client’s business which enables realistic and practical solutions to be offered.
- Advise in connection with contaminated land where that affects property or business transactions but also where notices have been served or are anticipated
- Advise in connection with statutory nuisance, including in relation to appeals against abatement notices and defence of prosecutions
- Are familiar with the Environmental Information Regulations