Hewitsons' agricultural and rural business solicitors deliver specialist advice in land and Estate management, and act as a gateway to the other associated services of the firm. Our clients are private individuals Trusts or institutions managing agricultural and rural businesses or holding farmland as an investment. The client’s enterprise may be constituted as a partnership of family members, a company or group of companies, or a sole trader.
Specific specialist expertise within the team includes advice on:
• The sale and purchase of farms, farmland and other rural property
• Dealings with all types of tenancies – agricultural, residential and business leases
• The grant of options and promotion agreements relating to residential and commercial development
• Diversification projects where farmers are seeking additional income from new projects
• Renewable energy projects, including AD, solar, wood chip and wind
• Basic payment scheme and agri-environment schemes
• Regulatory matters, particularly for intensive livestock
• Mineral leases
• Sporting rights
We draw on the expertise of colleagues to advise on tax and estate planning, trusts, planning, environmental and regulatory matters, and a range of other commercial and property law issues relevant in the rural context.
"We have used Stephanie Dennis for recent projects and we are very pleased and satisfied. We will continue to use Hewitsons in the future."
Mr & Mrs L
"Thanks to Stephanie Dennis who handled the land sale who was always helpful and patient with precise answers to any query presented."
Executors of Mrs R
"Stephanie Dennis is very diligent, efficient and communicative. Her work is always carried out with complete professionalism and skill".
Client quote to Legal 500