Competition regulation arises at the European Union and domestic level principally in relation to anti-competitive agreements and practices (including cartels), abuse of a dominant position and mergers.
We have significant experience in advising on competition law as well as public procurement rules and state aid issues. We can guide you through the legal, procedural and practical aspects of the competition law regimes, and provide you with advice that helps achieve your commercial objectives.
Our services in competition law matters include:
- advising clients regarding complaints of anti-competitive behaviour against other businesses;
- advising on regulatory compliance in relation to competition;
- drafting competition related provisions in commercial agreements;
- preparing competition compliance programmes;
- pursuing competition law complaints on behalf of clients, including making written and oral submissions to competition authorities;
- assisting clients in connection with competition investigations by regulators;
- conducting competition litigation (our experience includes representing members of a club of wholesalers in High Court proceedings concerning competition issues arising from agreements between members); and
- providing free-standing training to clients on competition law.
If the matter has an international dimension, we have close contacts with other firms throughout Europe, the United States, Australia and Asia through LawExchange International, an association of law firms of which we are a founder member.