The Hewitsons planning team has a depth of expertise that has been developed over many years. The comprehensive, personal approach of our specialist lawyers encompasses a full spectrum of activity. It ranges from advising in relation to proposals for the development of large housing-led developments through to commercial and agricultural land matters, including intensive livestock.
We act for landowners and developers, including speculative developers and end-users. Our advice ranges from planning applications and appeals to enforcement matters and High Court actions.
The planning team:
- advise on the planning application and appeal process including Planning Performance Agreements and the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- negotiate and draft section 106 and other development agreements
- advise in relation to enforcement and the lawfulness of development
- act in connection with appeals including written representations and hearings and appear as advocates at public inquiries
- have experience in dealing with the diversion and stopping up of highways and rights of way in connection with development
- deal with claims for town and village greens and for public rights of way
- are experienced in advising in connection with legal challenges, including judicial review in connection with planning decisions, in the High Court and beyond advising both claimants and affected developers and landowners on procedure and merits.
- are experienced in objecting to planning applications on behalf of affected neighbours, both commercial and residential
- appear as advocates in the magistrates courts in relation to planning related prosecutions