- Agricultural Disputes
- Banking & Financial Services Disputes
- Construction Claims & Disputes
- Contentious Trusts and Probate
- Contract Claims & Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Insolvency Claims & Proceedings
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Judicial Review & Statutory Challenges
- Mediation & other ADR
- Partnership & Shareholder Claims & Disputes
- Pensions Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate Claims & Disputes
- Standard Claims Service
- Technology Claims & Disputes
Our Agricultural Property Disputes team acts for a wide range of landowning and agricultural clients, including farmers, private individuals, charities, trustees and estate owners.
We offer specialist advice on a variety of property and landlord and tenant issues and represent clients in court and tribunal proceedings, mediations, arbitrations and other forms of dispute resolution. We recognise how disputes can disrupt businesses and seek to resolve them swiftly and cost effectively through the most appropriate dispute resolution method.
Recent examples of the cases on which the team have worked are:
- for a farmer in a right of way dispute with a local business; resolved at mediation
- for a charity in a dispute with two local farmers about land drainage issues; resolved by negotiation
- for a farmer in a dispute with his neighbour in a tenancy and right of access dispute; injunction granted in county court in favour of the client
- for a rural landowner in a dispute with his neighbour over plans to redevelop the barns on his land; resolved at mediation
- for a public body in an adverse possession claim; judgment in favour of client
- for a dairy farmer in response to a landlord’s case B notice to quit
- for a family on a contested succession matter
- acting in a partnership dispute relating to a farming business; resolved at mediation.
“extremely helpful and accessible at every level”
Chambers & Partners 2018
"The young lady [Tiffany Benson] from Northampton who came down to see me was absolutely great. I went into the appointment with great fears and came out feeling as though a load of weight had been taken from my shoulders and my fears seemed less. Many thanks to her."
"Tiffany Benson was entirely professional and efficient in her handling of a difficult situation I found myself in trying to deal with another firm of Solicitors. Her approach was direct and supportive and she always kept me up to date with each step. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tiffany."
"We found Hewitsons helpful and informative in our initial discussions, with costs and benefits of various approaches made clear. Once engaged, they were proactive and kept us well informed of progress. Although our particular claim was reasonably complex, it was pursued rigorously, and with a very satisfactory outcome".