- Agricultural Disputes
- Banking & Financial Services Disputes
- Construction Claims & Disputes
- Contentious Trusts and Probate
- Contract Claims & Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Insolvency Claims & Proceedings
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Judicial Review & Statutory Challenges
- Mediation & other ADR
- Partnership & Shareholder Claims & Disputes
- Pensions Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate Claims & Disputes
- Standard Claims Service
- Technology Claims & Disputes
Contentious Trusts and Probate
We recognise that inheritance disputes are often complex and emotionally charged. We appreciate that in most cases, your primary objective will be to dispose of the dispute as quickly and cost-effectively as possible. Hewitsons have a team of solicitors who are experienced in providing the specialist knowledge required to resolve these disputes at highly competitive rates. The focus of our solicitors is to achieve a negotiated settlement, where possible, in order to minimise costs. We actively promote dispute resolution methods such as mediation and a good deal of the advisory work we do relates to how settlements might be structured so as to avoid costly court proceedings. If settlement discussions are unsuccessful, we have a proven track record of success at trial.
We cover the full range of claims in this area including:
- Contesting a Will
- Claims for removal of Executors
- Claims for reasonable financial provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975
- Claims for the rectification of Wills based on clerical error or a failure to understand a testator’s instructions
We have a team of approachable, responsive solicitors, all of whom are members of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS). The team is rated as a top tier firm by the Legal 500 for its work in this area and Lucinda Brown, who heads the team, is recommended by the Chambers & Partners guide 2015 and described as “a very impressive lawyer”.
As well as inheritance disputes, the team also deal with contentious Court of Protection matters and trust litigation.
Please click on the link below to contact a member of our Contentious Trusts and Probate team.
The Contentious Trusts and Probate team send out a quaterly newsletter that contains important legal updates and advice. If you would like to be included in this mailing list then please complete this form here.
“extremely helpful and accessible at every level”
Chambers & Partners 2018
"The young lady [Tiffany Wiggett] from Northampton who came down to see me was absolutely great. I went into the appointment with great fears and came out feeling as though a load of weight had been taken from my shoulders and my fears seemed less. Many thanks to her."