- Agricultural Disputes
- Banking & Financial Services Disputes
- Construction Claims & Disputes
- Contentious Trusts and Probate
- Contract Claims & Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Insolvency Claims & Proceedings
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Judicial Review & Statutory Challenges
- Mediation & other ADR
- Partnership & Shareholder Claims & Disputes
- Pensions Disputes
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate Claims & Disputes
- Standard Claims Service
- Technology Claims & Disputes
Real Estate Claims & Disputes
The team comprises of a partner and 4 qualified solicitors who undertake high quality work across the region. It is the largest Real Estate Litigation team within East Anglia and that size allows it to deliver real scope and depth to its client base. In tune with the locality, the client base is a mix of local corporates, rural land owners and high net worth individuals with large portfolios. The team undertakes commercial portfolio related disputes and estate management matters. It is well versed in the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, acting for both landlords and tenants, and is able to offer tactical advice to minimise risk and ensure costs are proportionate. The team also regularly acts for residential and commercial developers and has particular expertise in relation to easements, restrictive covenants and land registry related problems. It is also particularly well known for its agricultural expertise.
Recent examples of matters the team have acted on include:
- Settlement of a £1.4 million dilapidations claim
- Acting in relation to 2 competing succession claims for an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy
- Day to day asset management of a retail portfolio for an investor client
- Advising in relation to pre-emption rights to purchase for a charitable organisation
- Successful lease termination pursuant to section 30(1)(f) Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Representing tenants in relation to a residential service charge dispute at a high value premises
- Restoring multiple boundary and land registry challenges.
Party Wall Pitfalls: Serving Notice by E-Mail
Supreme Court limits damages for negligent valuation
The Livelihood Condition Requirement in Agricultural Tenancies Confirmed by the Upper Tribunal
A Gate too Far
Whose Right is it Anyway?
“extremely helpful and accessible at every level”
Chambers & Partners 2018
"The young lady [Tiffany Benson] from Northampton who came down to see me was absolutely great. I went into the appointment with great fears and came out feeling as though a load of weight had been taken from my shoulders and my fears seemed less. Many thanks to her."
"Tiffany Benson was entirely professional and efficient in her handling of a difficult situation I found myself in trying to deal with another firm of Solicitors. Her approach was direct and supportive and she always kept me up to date with each step. I would have no hesitation in recommending Tiffany."
"We found Hewitsons helpful and informative in our initial discussions, with costs and benefits of various approaches made clear. Once engaged, they were proactive and kept us well informed of progress. Although our particular claim was reasonably complex, it was pursued rigorously, and with a very satisfactory outcome".