Employment law is arguably one of the highest regulated areas for business. Hewitsons' specialist Employment lawyers are highly experienced. We are adept at advising on all aspects of employment law and practice, from recruitment to termination, from disciplinary and grievance procedures to enforcing restrictive covenants. Hewitsons’ expertise in providing advice – both legal and practical – is recognised nationally.
Our employment legal advice covers:
- Terms and conditions of employment, including changing them for existing employees
- Preparing policies and handbooks
- Sickness absence and performance issues
- Disciplinary and grievance advice
- Redundancies and restructuring
- Settlement Agreements and negotiating the terms of an exit
- Collective labour law issues
- Business protection provisions within contracts, including enforcement of restrictive covenants
- TUPE, including contracting in and out
- Equal pay
- Health & Safety
- Road traffic and road transport
- Business immigration
Our employment law services include bespoke in-house seminars, day to day telephone and email advice help lines, as well as our Fixed Fee Retainers with optional insurance.
Fees & Retainers
At the outset, we tailor the fees package to suit your business. Flexibility is a key word for us and an important ingredient when it comes to agreeing fee structures with each client. When it comes to employment legal advice, we understand businesses are different. This may be because of the sector they are in, the hours and days worked, the make-up of the workforce, whether there are recognised unions involved and so on.
So our fee structure will reflect your needs and may include:
- Fixed fees
- Capped fees
- Retainers — fixed or flexible
- Staged fees
- Hourly rates
For more information on our employment law services to businesses click here
The Employment team sends out a monthly newsletter that contains important legal updates and advice to those working in the HR and Employment sector. If you would like to be included in this mailing list then please complete this form here
. Alternatively you can view all past newsletters in our legal update section.
Please click here
to view details regarding our HR Club series.