- Advice & Support for Businesses
- Advice & Support for Individuals
- Business Immigration
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Disciplinary & Grievances
- Diversity & Discrimination
- Early Conciliation
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Health & Safety
- Policies & Procedures in the Workplace
- Protecting your Business
- Redundancies & Reorganisations
- Settlement Agreements
- TUPE - The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
- Trades Unions & Collective Bargaining
- Training & Seminars for Employers
Business immigration has become an increasingly important area for employers, bearing in mind the ever changing legislation in this area and the potentially serious ramifications of getting it wrong. Our Employment law team is able to assist businesses and other organisations who are seeking to employ staff from outside the EU to overcome the associated complexities.
Discussing your current or potential business immigration issues with us at an early stage will mean that we can help you identify the appropriate immigration route in the circumstances and avoid the common problems associated with the sponsorship application process.
Our employment team is able to offer the following business immigration services:
- advice in relation to applying for a sponsor licence
- support on the employer’s obligations once they have become a licensed sponsor
- assistance in relation to the eligibility requirements of vacancies, resident labour market test and certificates of sponsorship
- assistance with corporate issues, such as dealing with migrants following business transfers where the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 apply
- advice on what you should do where failings have been identified
- advice on the rights and obligations of business visitors to the UK
We also advise businesses in relation to the prevention of illegal working. If you employ someone who does not have the right to work in the UK, the civil and criminal penalties for non-compliance can be significant. We advise employers on the recruitment checks that need to be undertaken to prevent illegal working and ensure that your business is protected.
"Valerie was absolutely fantastic in her legal strategy & planning & response times with opposing counsel which was the Chairman of the other firm. When this Chairman was not responsive on many occasions - Valerie kept her cool and responded back in an extremely cool & logical manner. I could not have asked for better counsel in my situation as she reacted extremely well in my case against an opposing legal entity that represented a very large Italian EPC company. This case was settled quickly and amicably by her"
"A first class job - many thanks for guiding us through the maze of legal procedures. It was a tremendous effort on your part."
Mr Philip Kennedy - Managing Director
Eschmann Technologies Ltd