- Advice & Support for Businesses
- Advice & Support for Individuals
- Business Immigration
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Disciplinary & Grievances
- Diversity & Discrimination
- Early Conciliation
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Health & Safety
- Policies & Procedures in the Workplace
- Protecting your Business
- Redundancies & Reorganisations
- Settlement Agreements
- TUPE - The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
- Trades Unions & Collective Bargaining
- Training & Seminars for Employers
Data Protection & Privacy
Over recent years the proliferation of personal data, and data storage devices and locations, as well as an increased focus on regulating how and for what purpose personal data is used, has translated into extra business costs, time and risk for almost all businesses operating in the UK.
This is an ever-changing area of the law. For businesses involved in transfers of personal data to the United States, the demise of the ‘safe harbor’ scheme, and the recent introduction of the ‘Privacy Shield’, has led to increased scrutiny. We also await the coming into force of the EU General Data Protection Regulation which will replace the EU Data Protection Directive and introduce an EU-wide reform of data protection law.
Our expertise includes advising on:
- privacy policies
- data subject access requests
- compliance with the data protection legislation
- data sharing and data security
- the overseas transfer of personal data
- enforcement sanctions and remedies
Data Protection is an area where focused and pragmatic advice will help to avoid costly problems. Get your data protection and implementation policy right and it is reasonably straightforward. Get it wrong and fines, as well as legal costs, can follow.
Our commercial lawyers know the rules and how to use them and, when problems do arise, how to deal with them.
Meet the team
"Valerie was absolutely fantastic in her legal strategy & planning & response times with opposing counsel which was the Chairman of the other firm. When this Chairman was not responsive on many occasions - Valerie kept her cool and responded back in an extremely cool & logical manner. I could not have asked for better counsel in my situation as she reacted extremely well in my case against an opposing legal entity that represented a very large Italian EPC company. This case was settled quickly and amicably by her"
"A first class job - many thanks for guiding us through the maze of legal procedures. It was a tremendous effort on your part."
Mr Philip Kennedy - Managing Director
Eschmann Technologies Ltd