- Advice & Support for Businesses
- Advice & Support for Individuals
- Business Immigration
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Disciplinary & Grievances
- Diversity & Discrimination
- Early Conciliation
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Health & Safety
- Policies & Procedures in the Workplace
- Protecting your Business
- Redundancies & Reorganisations
- Settlement Agreements
- TUPE - The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
- Trades Unions & Collective Bargaining
- Training & Seminars for Employers
Protecting your Business
Competition from employees or former employees is one of the biggest threats to a business. Following some challenging economic times, it has been essential, and continues to be essential, for businesses to retain clients and customers and to be protected, as far as is possible, from competition.
Our Employment team provide clear, incisive and cost effective advice for employers faced with an attack by an employee or former employee on their business. With our support, full scale and costly litigation can often be avoided with commercial outcomes being reached. Where litigation cannot be avoided, our experienced team navigates employers through what is a highly complex area of employment law to achieve a commercial resolution to the dispute.
Our employment team is able to offer advice on the following, in order to strengthen the prospects of restrictive covenants being enforceable:
- drafting restrictive covenants
- helping employers through dismissals of employees who are competing during employment or intending to compete post termination of their employment
- enforcing restrictive covenants where ex-employees are competing
We also recognise that on some occasions employers do not have restrictive covenants in place.
Whilst protection is certainly curtailed, we can advise on alternative means of protecting your business.
"Valerie was absolutely fantastic in her legal strategy & planning & response times with opposing counsel which was the Chairman of the other firm. When this Chairman was not responsive on many occasions - Valerie kept her cool and responded back in an extremely cool & logical manner. I could not have asked for better counsel in my situation as she reacted extremely well in my case against an opposing legal entity that represented a very large Italian EPC company. This case was settled quickly and amicably by her"