- Advice & Support for Businesses
- Advice & Support for Individuals
- Business Immigration
- Consultancy Agreements
- Contracts of Employment
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Disciplinary & Grievances
- Diversity & Discrimination
- Early Conciliation
- Employment Disputes & Tribunals
- Health & Safety
- Policies & Procedures in the Workplace
- Protecting your Business
- Redundancies & Reorganisations
- Settlement Agreements
- TUPE - The Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006
- Trades Unions & Collective Bargaining
- Training & Seminars for Employers
Redundancies & Reorganisations
Often seen as “no fault” dismissals, businesses undertaking any form of redundancy or other reorganisation still need to ensure that their employees are treated fairly.
Every week, our employment lawyers advise businesses on how to ensure they do this, both legally and practically. Sometimes only one or two employees are affected by the businesses’ proposals, sometimes many hundreds or even thousands.
Whatever the situation, we advise and take our clients through the entire process, including advice on:
- Selection criteria.
- Individual and collective consultation requirements.
- Suitable alternative vacancies and other redeployments.
- Changing terms and conditions of employment – for example changes to pay, shift patterns and other hours of work.
- Handling dismissals.
- Calculation of employees’ rights to redundancy and notice pay.
- Settlement Agreements.
We supply packs of procedures and template letters to help our clients through these processes, and advise and help the businesses each step of the way.
"Valerie was absolutely fantastic in her legal strategy & planning & response times with opposing counsel which was the Chairman of the other firm. When this Chairman was not responsive on many occasions - Valerie kept her cool and responded back in an extremely cool & logical manner. I could not have asked for better counsel in my situation as she reacted extremely well in my case against an opposing legal entity that represented a very large Italian EPC company. This case was settled quickly and amicably by her"
"A first class job - many thanks for guiding us through the maze of legal procedures. It was a tremendous effort on your part."
Mr Philip Kennedy - Managing Director
Eschmann Technologies Ltd