We work employers and trustees on risk transfer transactions. We have worked alongside a wide range of insurers.
Our work includes:
- advising on the pension implications if an employer becomes insolvent or a scheme enters wind-up
- advising on triggering wind-up, employer debt issues, the securing of members’ benefits, member communications and record keeping in connection with the wind-up
- advising on full and partial buy-ins and buy-outs of benefits with insurance companies, including reviewing benefit specifications and scheme rules, identifying trustee discretions, negotiating policy terms with insurers, reviewing member communications and advising on protection for members and the discharge of liabilities
- guiding schemes through Pension Protection Fund assessment periods
- advising on and documenting pension scheme mergers and demergers