Planning & Environmental
Planning laws are fast-changing and the importance of securing advice in relation to development proposals cannot be overstated. Hewitsons’ specialist planning solicitors provide advice to developers, local planning authorities, contractors, investors and landowners on the application of current planning legislation and policy. We work quickly, effectively and collaboratively to commercial timescales and budgets.
We deal with all aspects of planning law. Whether it is the preparation of the planning application, negotiation of the Section 106 Agreement, or pursuing an appeal or High Court Challenge, we have the experience to ensure that the potential of your asset is maximised. The planning team includes a number of experienced advocates who can handle a wide range of planning appeals nationwide.
Our planning and environmental specialists work closely together and our combined expertise enables us to deal effectively with projects where the disciplines overlap, such as in relation to ecology or pollution. Our environmental expertise ranges from contaminated land to environmental permitting, water pollution and nuisance. We advise in connection with development proposals and also with end users such as manufacturing, farming and waste management. The team deals with criminal and civil matters and undertakes advocacy at inquiries and in the Magistrates Court. We are familiar with dealing with High Court Challenges.
- Cleantech Brochure
- Agriculture - Climate Change in the Planning Environment
- Agriculture - Environment
- Agriculture - High Speed Rail
- Agriculture - Holiday Lets
- Agriculture - Localism Bill
- Agriculture - National Planning Policy Framework
- Agriculture - Pig & Poultry
- Agriculture - Planning
- Residential Property - Guide to Planning Considerations for Residential Properties
- Planning - Further Planning Reforms Proposed in Housing White Paper