We act for landowners and developers, including speculative developers and end-users. Our advice ranges from planning applications and appeals to enforcement matters and High Court actions.
The planning team:
- advise on the planning application and appeal process including Planning Performance Agreements and the Environmental Impact Assessment process
- negotiate and draft section 106 and other development agreements
- advise in relation to enforcement and the lawfulness of development
- act in connection with appeals including written representations and hearings and appear as advocates at public inquiries
- have experience in dealing with the diversion and stopping up of highways and rights of way in connection with development
- deal with claims for town and village greens and for public rights of way
- are experienced in advising in connection with legal challenges, including judicial review in connection with planning decisions, in the High Court and beyond advising both claimants and affected developers and landowners on procedure and merits.
- are experienced in objecting to planning applications on behalf of affected neighbours, both commercial and residential
- appear as advocates in the magistrates courts in relation to planning related prosecutions
"Very prompt with everything, always polite & helpful."
Purchase / Ms S
"Thank you for your help expediating our house sale. Should I find myself in need of legal advice I shan't hesitate to contact Hewitsons."
Conveyancing Sale / Ms B
"I was kept informed at all stages of the process."
House Purchase / Mrs B
"Given the short time for completion Tim's actions were exemplary."
Purchase / Mr & Mrs C
"Excellent attention, service and efficiency at all times."
Purchase / Mr M
"We could not have been more delighted with the services provided to us by Hewitsons. Tim Middleton and his team were excellent."
Property Purchase / Ms F
“The sale of my house and purchase of my new home were dealt with very professionally and I was shown great kindness and consideration at a very stressful time, for which I was grateful.”
Sale & Purchase
“Our Solicitor and his team were always approachable, friendly and helpful.”
“We were very happy with every aspect of this transaction, it ran smoothly and efficiently.”
“Thanks again for all your help. We were really impressed with Hewitsons … you restored our faith in the legal profession!”
Purchase / Mr & Mrs W
"I was impressed with Bradley (assisted by Natasha) and I must say the completion was utterly painless and ocmpletely stress free. The guys were fantastic and so efficient, they are a credit to Hewitsons"
Mr D / Sale
"Thank you for all your hard work throughout the process. As I said before I’ve been really impressed by your professionalism and commitment. Many thanks to you and your excellent team!"
Ms K - Sale
"My second time using Hewitsons and again, they exceeded my expectations. Excellet service from all team members. Thank you!!"
Ms K - Sale
“Thank you very much for all of your hard work in getting in our house sale across the line. Your professionalism on the transaction was much appreciated, and Colin was quite right to recommend you as a team.”
Mr T - Sale