Real Estate Litigation
The team comprises of a partner and 4 qualified solicitors who undertake high quality work across the region. In tune with the locality, the client base is a mix of local corporates, rural land owners and high net worth individuals with large portfolios. The team undertakes commercial portfolio related disputes and estate management matters. It is well versed in the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954, acting for both landlords and tenants, and is able to offer tactical advice to minimise risk and ensure costs are proportionate. The team also regularly acts for residential and commercial developers and has particular expertise in relation to easements, restrictive covenants and land registry related problems. It is also particularly well known for its agricultural expertise.
Recent examples of matters the team have acted on include:
Party Wall Pitfalls: Serving Notice by E-Mail
Supreme Court limits damages for negligent valuation
The Livelihood Condition Requirement in Agricultural Tenancies Confirmed by the Upper Tribunal
A Gate too Far
Whose Right is it Anyway?
- Settlement of a £1.4 million dilapidations claim
- Acting in relation to 2 competing succession claims for an Agricultural Holdings Act tenancy
- Day to day asset management of a retail portfolio for an investor client
- Advising in relation to pre-emption rights to purchase for a charitable organisation
- Successful lease termination pursuant to section 30(1)(f) Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Representing tenants in relation to a residential service charge dispute at a high value premises
- Restoring multiple boundary and land registry challenges.